Saturday, May 10, 2008

surreality

Well, it'll be Mother's Day here in 1 hour and 48 minutes. My boys are going to cook for me all day............woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I'm sure it'll be yummy and we'll have a wonderful, restful day.

But tonight, I had one of those moments that they never tell you about before you have kids, and it was truly surreal. Little E had just gotten out of the bathtub, and came running---dripping wet---to ask if he could watch his favorite video on YouTube (*yes, he asked specifically for YouTube! What can I say? He's internet savvy!) The video is of a They Might Be Giants song called The Mesopotamians, and he is truly obsessed with this song. He can sing just about every word, and does so at the top of his lungs.

Well, I convinced him to at least wrap up in a towel before sitting beside me to watch the video. But as he sang and played air guitar, the towel slipped off.......and I was presented with the surreal sight of my 4 year old playing a mean air guitar, screaming "Sargon, Hammurabi, Ashurbanipal and Gilgamesh", with absolutely no clothes on. I must admit, I had a fleeting thought of grabbing the video camera, but I resisted. I can honestly say that 7+ years ago, before becoming a Mom, I could never, ever, ever, ever have imagined what I saw today. But all I could say now was "That's my boy!"

3 comments:

Amy said...

Absolutely hilarious. Thanks for the laugh! I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

Anonymous said...

too cute! Hope you enjoyed the wonderful cooking!

hope4jackson said...

((Jen)) I've been meaning to get over here and check out your blogger. Love the "wallpaper". Love the mom moment! so cute!
Great music taste too, I might add.