Friday, November 7, 2008

I feel special!

Thanks, Miss Tafka, for bestowing on me my first ever blog award! WOO HOO!!!! I love blogging, don't get to do it often enough these days, but am really honored to have this award and be able to display the award banner here---> :)

Anyway, the receiving the award means you need to list 6 things that make you happy. So, here goes:

(in no particular order)

1. performing music. I'm an instrumentalist first, and a singer second, even though these days there's much more singing than playing going on in my life. But getting the chance to be a part of good musical performance is a feeling that cannot be duplicated any other way. I'm so thankful for the gift of music and the ability to perform, and hope that I will always have that opportunity, one way or another.

2. the election of Barack Obama as our next President. (you knew that was coming, huh?) It renews my faith in the political process, and in the people of this country and their ability to be inspired and excited about government and our leaders. No, this won't solve all of our problems, and I know the road ahead for him will be tough, but the fact that he fought his way through the lies and smear campaigns and came out on top........gives me chills just to think of it, even now.

3. Seeing things through the eyes of my boys. When we go to new places, see new things, or enjoy special times like Halloween or Christmas, it makes those events so much MORE special when I see how much the boys are enjoying themselves. Watching them get excited about what Santa brought, or splashing in the ocean, or even watching a cool new movie.....you can't beat that for instantly putting a smile on your face. :)

4. Driving. At least, most of the time. Let me rephrase that: The part of driving that involves movement, NOT sitting in traffic jams, is the part I enjoy. I really do like it, strange as that seems! LOL, maybe I ought to have been a truck driver! Guess it's a good thing I've got a decent-sized commute every day to school. ;)

5. The endless variety of things to listen to on Sirius satellite radio. :) Great talk radio stations (lots more progressive choices than you hear around this area....), every kind of music format you can imagine, great comedy stations, news, old radio shows from the 40s/50s etc, even a station for the kids' music. (*see #4, about driving. These two go hand in hand most of the time, because when else do I get a chance to listen to the radio?)

6. My hubby. Not like we see each other much these days, with the busy school/work activities that we both have going on night and day, but I still wanted him to be on this list. He's a great guy, great dad, tries hard to help out around the house when he can, etc. I know how lucky I am to have him, and hope that he realizes how much he is appreciated. :)

There ya go, Lori. :) Thanks again for the award, I love it! Now, I think I"m supposed to pass it on, right? And like you, I know so many of the same blogging friends that it's hard to find 6 to give the award to, so.......I'll just choose Jen at Unique but Not Alone, and Betsy at Belphia. Congrats girls, hope you like the award as much as I do! :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Awesome girl! Glad you had fun with it! :)