Sunday, May 17, 2009

blog facelift

So, how do you like it? Super-gigantic hugs to my buddy Tafka for the awesome blog header she designed! You rock, girl! And then I got a matching background at Cutest Blog on the Block.......goes together pretty well with the header, I think. I love the whole brown/blue idea anyway. Yeah, baby!

Well, it's been a week since my Mother's Day shout out, and I've been busy finishing up school (WOO HOO!) and trying to decide what to write about next. I don't want to get all mushy on ya, but my thoughts keep coming back to the fact that I'm closing a chapter of my life as we speak, and continuing to hope and pray that this move is the right one. Because I am an official Broadway-musical nerd, the quote that comes to mind is one from The Sound of Music......"When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window". So today, that door closed when I conducted the chorus in the Baccalaureate service for the seniors. Felt strange to know that I won't be doing anything like that again, at least not any time soon.

And in yet another nerdy allusion, as I closed the door of my classroom when I was about to leave, I remembered how the very final scenes of several famous TV shows had this moment where a character would turn off the lights, stop at the door and look around wistfully for a second, then close the door and walk away. I know the Mary Tyler Moore show did it, and I think Cheers did too. I am such a sap, it's pathetic.

Kids are doing well, baseball season's chugging along with Mr. L's team at 4-1 right now. Energizer made a friend for life this afternoon at a restaurant where we ate supper. It's a barbecue place, and we'd never tried it but it turned out to be very good. E had just had a mini-nap in the van on the way there, so was still groggy and subdued at dinner which is always a good thing where he's concerned.

Anyway, he wanted to order his own food, so he softly told the waitress his choice, "chicken fingers" when she came to take the orders. When she brought the food, he was so excited to see it that he leaned over across me in the booth, took her hand and kissed it like a true gentleman! She was so surprised and touched by it, you could really tell. :) Then, as we were about to leave, we stepped out of the booth and started getting raincoats on (DON'T get me started :( ). She came back over to say goodbye and thank us, etc, and he gave her a big hug! Granted, it was a hug around her thighs basically, since he's still such a little guy, but that was ok with her! She kept saying how sweet he is, etc etc. :) No argument from me on that one!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Blog looks good chick!

Such a cute story about Ethan!!

adem said...

You can get free coupons from www.clickmycoupon.com and get discounts on the items restaurant coupons, online coupons, discount that you dining.

Lyndsey said...

How cute! What a little gentleman!

Amy said...

Love the new blog layout, and what a cute story about E!

Bluebird said...

Found you through "A Woman With Hobbit Feet" and just wanted to say "hi" :) I'm a pre-e/ HELLP survivor, although my twin babies were not, and I'm always looking for others who have also faced this condition. Your boys are beautiful :)

~Denise~ said...

Love the new look!!!