Saturday, May 2, 2009

the brilliance of the blogosphere

First of all, I love that word....."blogosphere". Just thought I'd share that. ;)

Second, I find myself so humbled by the great writing and brilliant insights of several of my blogging friends today, so I decided I'd defer to them and share their posts with you in case you hadn't seen them. These 3 are posts that really speak to me, about topics over which I am very passionate but maybe just don't express myself as wonderfully as these ladies have. Enjoy!

Kyra at Hopeful Parents wrote here about the so-called "neurodiversity" debate in the autism community. Are we trying to "cure" autism, can it even be cured? Or are we, as the ASD parents, supposed to be embracing the autism because it's who our children are and can never be changed?

Random Ramblings of a Mom has a recent post that's just so incredibly applicable to my world........you'll see why.

I "found" Alexa (from FlotsamBlog) after hearing her read a blog post aloud on NPR one morning, and I'm so glad I did. Wonderful writer, wonderful lady with a beautiful baby girl and her very own angel in Heaven as well. Here she writes eloquently on another topic close to my heart, though it's one I don't speak of much nowadays, and many of you might not even have known it affected me at all......infertility. Thanks, Alexa, for putting into words what so many of us feel.

Hopefully I'll feel inspired to write something original of my own again asap.......that is, unless you're so in love with these other writers (like I am) that you don't want to hear little old me anymore!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, I love, love, love Alexa! I've been reading her since before Simone was here. Glad you found her!