Wednesday, March 25, 2009

words of wisdom from a stranger

I mentioned a while back that I'd started posting on a new blog for parents of special-needs kids, called Hopeful Parents. Anyway, yesterday was my day of the month to contribute, so I wrote yet another rambling saga about my decision-making process regarding my job, going back to college, etc.

Several readers of that blog have commented on my post, and I really don't "know" any of those ladies except for one. I would guess that everyone that reads this blog knows me, at least cyber-knows me, and that's cool because that's how I want it for the most part. Plus, how would anyone else find me here? But at Hopeful Parents, they're actively promoting the site and trying to grow it. So, my writing is seen by a lot more people over there, and I get a different collection of perspectives, etc.

One lady, who's obviously very smart and insightful, left a great comment yesterday, and I wanted to share a bit of it with you. This is something that really just jumped out at me because it rings true for where I am right now:

"It seems that the universe loves to work with just enough light for the step right in front of us."

That, in a nutshell, is my problem. I feel like I can't see further than just that next step, so it's nearly impossible to know if the steps beyond that are safe and if that's in fact where I want to go. It's dark out there, guys, and I am not a fan of the dark. I want to trust that, even in the darkness, the areas I'd step into are the right ones for me, but how can I be sure? Makes the oldies-radio-listening nerd in me think of an apropos song lyric:
"How can I be sure
In a world that's constantly changing?"

That, my friends, is the question. And the answer has to be either found or guessed at in the next couple of days. Keep me in your thoughts, ok? I promise to stop blogging endlessly about this as soon as I come to some kind of decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. I NEED to see at least a few steps ahead, only being able to see one is nerve wracking. If I could only see a little further, then I could make better decisions. Sigh...

Lori said...

Thinking of you girl. I know you'll make the right decision! Hang in there!