Friday, March 14, 2008

a surreal moment

Well, as I type this, I'm listening to the Catholic rosary being recited over my school's intercom system. I was raised Catholic, and have taught in this school for 4 1/2 years, but it still is a bit surreal..........and I'm trying to get my schoolwork and class prep done before the kids come in (only 35 minutes from now), but it feels strange to do so while being accompanied by "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee........". And that Catholic upbringing was so firmly rooted that I still find myself instinctively reciting the answers right back "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen".

I really need to walk up to the office and make some copies of some music and turn in a purchase order. Bet that would be frowned upon, though. They probably wouldn't be thrilled that I'm blogging right now either, but I'm in my classroom alone, so........

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ooooh! That is bringing back memories of my many laps around the beads. Tee hee!!!!